Frequently Asked Questions
FOR CHARTER GUESTS
1) Why choose Royal Star Hawaii? The ROYAL STAR® DIFFERENCE guaranteed, since 1996!
- Royal Star Hawaii is the recipient of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row!
Don’t take our word for it, check us on TripAdvisor
- On-Time Guarantee®: We are on time, or the first hour is free! Click here
- 100% Seat Belted & DriveCam-Equipped fleet
- No hidden costs & 15-Minute Increment Charge Click here
- Signature Deluxe Gold Motorcoach Fleet: All new fleet with onboard restroom, mint and hand towelette service and more! Both 60, 58 and 34-seater mortocoaches available. Click for Profile, Tariff Charts, Virtual Tour.
- Smart Silver Motorcoach Fleet: Best price point especially with our 55-seater or 63-seater motorcoaches. Click for Profile, Tariff Charts, Virtual Tour.
- Aloha on Wheels®: We deliver “Aloha on Wheels” not just transportation! Click for testimonials.
2) What are your credentials?
- TripAdvisor, Yelp and The Knot: 5 out of 5 rating on top review sites.
- Arizona Memorial City & USS Missouri daily tour is ranked #4 out of 436 TripAdvisor tours in Honolulu! Click to read.
3) What are your hours of operation? How can I contact you?
- Contact us anytime for a quote or reservation; you will hear back from us within 24 hours, 7 days a week!
Click here for our free online Quote Form.
Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Hawaii Standard Time)
Phone: (808) 983-7739
Fax: (808) 832-5574
Hours: 5:00AM - 9:30PM (Hawaii Standard Time)
Phone: (808) 832-5572
Fax: (808) 832-5574
4) What information will I need to provide to receive a quote?
1. Date of your charter, point of origin, destination and passenger count
2. Contact information (email, phone)
3. Vehicle preference (Currently we list all vehicle types) Click here for vehicle types and prices.
Click here for our free online Quote Form.
5) How do I meet my pre-arranged vehicle at the Airport or Pier Terminal?
- Once your guests and luggage are gathered, call us at 808-465-4951 for the vehicle number(s) for your charter, and the place to meet. It’ll take approximately 7 - 10 minutes for your vehicle(s) to arrive after contact.
6) May I eat, drink or smoke on my vehicle?
- No. We offer a smoke-free environment and ask that all food and beverages be consumed before boarding the vehicle.
7) Does my child need a car seat on the vehicle?
- No, it is not needed for commercial motorcoaches.
- Yes for Vans only. Child seats are required for children age 7 years and under; specify child age when you reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
8) What is your payment / cancellation policy?
- 50% deposit is required for confirmation.
- Full balance is due 15 days prior to charter date.
- All deposits / payments are non-refundable.
Click for more detail.
9) Do you charge a surcharge for credit cards?
10) Do you offer accessible transportation?
- A minimum of 24 hours prior to your cruise, show or tour reservations are required. For non-ambulatory guests, we will refer you to an outside wheelchair-lift transportation company. Ambulatory guests with most regular (non-motorized) wheelchairs or electric scooters weighing 50 lbs or less may be stowed in baggage bay; a release of liability form is required (space limited). For a large number of guests, please advise us at your earliest convenience. We cannot guarantee that we are able to accommodate the group without prior notice and confirmation.
11) What is “Barn Time”? (Travel or Transit Time)
- Vehicle travel time from our bus yard to your pick up point and back.
Click for details.
12) Can we leave our luggage on the vehicle?
- Yes, for the duration of your charter segment or until you reach your final destination, whichever comes first.
13) Do you have Kama’aina or Military discounts?
- Yes with valid Hawaii I.D. or Military I.D. Call us for pricing.
14) How much luggage can your vehicles hold?
|Deluxe Gold MCI Motorcoach||60||90|
|Deluxe Gold MCI Motorcoach||58||90|
|Deluxe Gold Temsa Motorcoach||34||28|
|Smart Silver MCI Motorcoach||63||88|
|Smart Silver MCI Motorcoach||55||70|
|Smart Sliver Van||14||12|
15) Do you have printable versions of all information and terms so that I may present them to my group?
- About Us: Royal Star Guarantee® and credentials
- Terms & Operations
- Overview of our fleet
- Vehicle Profiles
RS1 - Deluxe Gold MCI Motorcoach
RS2 - Deluxe Gold Temsa Motoroach
RS3 - Smart Silver Motorcoach
RS4 - Smart Silver Van
- Enhancements: From Bottled Water to Lei Greeting and Ukulele Player Click for full list.
- Virtual Tour: Deluxe Gold Motorcoach 58-seater, Deluxe Gold Motorcoach 34-seater, Smart Silver Motorcoach 55-seater
16) Do you have a Charter Planner in printable format?
- Yes! Click for our complete “2019 Royal Star Hawaii Charter Book” (17 double-sided pages)
17) May I arrange Lei Greeting service with your company?
- Certainly! We are the only company offering “Orchid Lei by Hula Dancer,” and “Hawaiian Greeting at the Airport with Ukulele, Hula & Lei” and more! Click here
18) Can you recommend and book activities and dining options on Oahu?
- Certainly! Our Arizona Memorial & City tour is #1! Our sister companies, Star of Honolulu, Dolphin Star and Rock-A-Hula, offer the most popular sunset dinner cruises, whale watch cruise, dolphin watch and snorkel cruises and Waikiki’s biggest Hawaiian show. All have received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence. We can also arrange luaus, Polynesian Cultural Center and other events too!
FOR ARIZONA / MISSOURI TOUR GUESTS
1) Reasons to choose Royal Star Hawaii’s Arizona City & USS Missouri Tour
- Ranked #4 out of 436 TripAdvisor tours in Honolulu!
- Awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 5 years in a row!
- Deluxe Gold Vehicles for your maximum comfort! Includes onboard original historical video, mint and hand towelette service.
- Includes reserved tickets for the Arizona Memorial and USS Missouri.
- A Royal Star Driver Guide makes your tour memorable! No extra charge for the “Aloha”!
Click to read about our drivers.
2) Can wheelchair guests go on this tour?
- Ambulatory guests with most regular (non-motorized) wheelchairs or electric scooters weighing 50 lbs or less may be stowed in baggage bay; a release of liability form is required (space limited). For a large number of guests, please advise us at your earliest convenience. We cannot guarantee that we are able to accommodate the group without prior notice and confirmation. A minimum of 24 hours prior to your tour reservations are required.
- At the USS Missouri, only the main deck is accessible.
3) What is the recommended attire?
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes and casual attire for light walking.
- We also recommend sunglasses, sunscreen and a camera.
4) What is the Arizona/USS Missouri security policy? May I leave my bag in the vehicle?
- For security measures, any items which offer concealment are not allowed at the memorials (such as bags, backpacks, strollers or camera cases). You may only take your wallet and camera. Storage facilities are available at the visitor center for a nominal fee.
- We do not recommend bringing valuables or leaving them on the vehicle. Our driver will lock the vehicle, but we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
5) Can I join the Arizona tour if I have to be back in Waikiki by 1:00 p.m. for another tour?
- Yes most days, except on unusual days when the Arizona memorial and/or traffic is congested, unavoidably delaying your return. Note: Arizona / Missouri Combo is scheduled 8:00AM – 4:00PM.
6) May I meet up with the driver at the Arizona Memorial if I miss my pick up?
- Unfortunately no.