Frequently Asked Questions
FOR CHARTER GUESTS
1) Why choose Royal Star Hawaii? The ROYAL STAR® DIFFERENCE guaranteed, since 1996!
- On-Time Guarantee®: We are on time, or the first hour is free! Click here
- 100% Seat Belted & DriveCam-Equipped fleet
- No hidden costs & 15-Minute Increment Charge Click here
- Signature Deluxe Gold Motorcoach Fleet: All new fleet with onboard restroom, mint and hand towelette service and more! Both 58-seater and 34-seater mortocoaches available. Click for Profile, Tariff Charts, Virtual Tour.
- Smart Silver Motorcoach Fleet: Best price point especially with our 55-seater or 63-seater motocoaches. Click for Profile, Tariff Charts, Virtual Tour.
- Aloha on Wheels®: We deliver “Aloha on Wheels” not just transportation! Click for testimonials.
2) What are your credentials?
- Recipient of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 3 years in a row.
- TripAdvisor, Yelp and The Knot: 5 out of 5 rating on top review sites.
- Arizona Memorial City & USS Missouri daily tour is ranked #4 out of 339 TripAdvisor tours in Honolulu! (as of 3/19/18) Click to read.
3) What are your hours of operation? How can I contact you?
- Contact us anytime for a quote or reservation; you will hear back from us within 24 hours, 7 days a week!
Click here for our free online Quote Form.
|Department||Hours (Hawaii Standard Time)||Phone||Fax|
|Sales||8:00AM – 5:00PM||(808) 841-7827||(808) email@example.com|
|Reservations||5:00AM – 9:30PM||(808) 832-5572||(808) firstname.lastname@example.org|
4) What information will I need to provide to receive a quote?
Simply provide your:
1. Date of your charter, point of origin, destination and passenger count
2. Contact information (email, phone)
3. Vehicle preference (Currently we list all vehicle types)
58 seats – Deluxe Gold Motorcoach /$202.99 per hour
34 seats – Deluxe Gold Motoroach / $168.00 per hour
63 seats – Silver Motorcoach / $186.00 per hour
55 seats – Silver Motorcoach / $174.00 per hour
14 seats – Executive Van / $113.00 per hour
7 seats – Executive SUV / $84.00 per hour
Click here for our free online Quote Form.
5) How do I get picked up at the Airport or Pier Terminal?
- Call us at 808-832-5572 for the vehicle number(s) for your charter, and the place to meet. It’ll take approximately 7 – 10 minutes for your vehicle(s) to arrive after contact.
- For Local Tour Operators: Upon gathering your guests, have your airport / pier terminal staff call us at 808-832-5572.
- For Tour Operators from the Continental U.S., Direct and Kama’aina Groups: Upon gathering your guests and/or luggage, call us at 808-832-5572.
6) May I eat, drink or smoke on my vehicle?
- No. We offer a smoke-free environment and ask that all food and beverages be consumed before boarding the vehicle.
7) Does my child need a car seat on the vehicle?
- No, it is not needed for commercial motorcoaches.
- Yes for SUVs and Vans only. Child seats are required for children age 7 years and under; specify child age when you reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
8) What is your payment / cancellation policy?
- 50% deposit is required for confirmation.
- Full balance is due 15 days prior to charter date.
- All deposits / payments are non-refundable.
Click for more detail.
9) Do you charge a surcharge for credit cards?
10) Do you have vehicles that can accommodate guests with wheelchairs?
- Yes. Click for details.
11) What is “Barn Time”? (Travel or Transit Time)
- Vehicle travel time from our bus yard to your pick up point and back.
Click for details.
12) Can we leave our luggage on the vehicle?
- Yes, for the duration of your charter segment or until you reach your final destination, whichever comes first.
13) Do you have Kama’aina or Military discounts?
- Yes with valid Hawaii I.D. or Military I.D. Call us for pricing.
14) How much luggage can your vehicles hold?
|Deluxe Gold Motorcoach MCI 4500 Series||58||90|
|Deluxe Gold Motorcoach Temsa 30 Series||34||28|
|Silver Motorcoach MCI 102 Series||63||88|
|Silver Motorcoach MCI 102 Series||55||70|
15) Do you have printable versions of all information and terms so that I may present them to my group?
- About Us: Royal Star Guarantee® and credentials
- Terms & Operations
- Overview of our fleet
- Vehicle Profiles
R1 - Deluxe Gold Motorcoach MCI 4500 Series
R2 - Silver Motorcoach MCI 102 Series
R3 - Deluxe Gold Motoroach Temsa 30 Series
R5 - Executive Van
R6 - Executive SUV
- Enhancements: From Bottled Water to Lei Greeting and Ukulele Player Click for full list.
- Virtual Tour: Deluxe Gold Motorcoach 58-seater, Deluxe Gold Motorcoach 34-seater, Smart Silver Motorcoach 55-seater
16) Do you have a Charter Planner in printable format?
- Yes! Click for our complete “2018 Royal Star Hawaii Charter Book” (17 double-sided pages)
17) May I arrange Lei Greeting service with your company?
- Certainly, we are the only company offering “Orchid Lei by Hula Dancer,” and “Hawaiian Greeting at the Airport with Ukulele, Hula & Lei” and more! Click here
18) Can you recommend and book activities and dining options on Oahu?
FOR ARIZONA / MISSOURI TOUR GUESTS
1) Reasons to choose Royal Star Hawaii’s Arizona City & USS Missouri Tour
- Ranked #4 out of 339 TripAdvisor tours in Honolulu!
- Awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 3 years in a row!
- Deluxe Gold Vehicles for your maximum comfort! Includes onboard original historical video, mint and hand towelette service.
- Includes reserved tickets for the Arizona Memorial and USS Missouri.
- A Royal Star Driver Guide makes your tour memorable! No extra charge for the “Aloha”!
Click to read about our drivers.
2) Can wheelchair guests go on this tour?
- You will be assigned to our specially trained driver.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice prior to tour is required.
- At the USS Missouri, only the main deck is accessible.
- Maximum wheelchair size: 30” wide by 48” long.
- Total weight: Weight of guest and wheelchair must total less than 500 lbs.
- Acceptable types: Most regular wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs with “joystick” are acceptable as long as they meet the above requirements. We regret that we are not able to accept larger wheelchairs, scooters, or guests and wheelchairs that exceed 500 lbs. total.
3) What is the recommended attire?
- We recommend comfortable walking shoes and casual attire for light walking.
- We also recommend sunglasses and a camera.
4) May I leave my bag in the vehicle?
- No, our driver will leave the vehicle unattended to escort and guide you to the visitor center for the Arizona and USS Missouri memorials.
- The Arizona and USS Missouri memorial security measures apply for this tour: bags are not allowed. Storage facilities are available at the visitor center for a small fee.
5) Can I join the Arizona tour if I have to be back in Waikiki by 1:00 p.m. for another tour?
- Yes most days, except on unusual days when the Arizona memorial and/or traffic is congested, unavoidably delaying your return. Note: Arizona / Missouri Combo is scheduled 8:00AM – 4:00PM.
6) May I meet up with the driver at the Arizona Memorial if I miss my pick up?
- Unfortunately no.