The last month of summer is the perfect time to embark on a Hawaii road trip, and who better to ask about road trips than our experienced “Aloha On Wheels” drivers! We caught up with our awesome driver Larry who offered his tips on planning a memorable road trip.
- Stop for shaved ice – Matsumoto Shave Ice. Larry loves this island staple, known for its long (but worth the wait) lines and iconic flavors. Located in Haleiwa, North Shore, Matsumoto’s is a family-owned shop that also sells clothes, bags, hats and other accessories.
- Indulge in a delicious meal – Hy’s Steakhouse. Located in Waikiki, this celebrated eatery specializes in kiawe-broiled steak and tableside preparation of salads and flambé desserts. Reservations fill up quickly, so reserve your table well in advance.
- Sing along to your favorite song – Sun Daze. Larry loves this upbeat hit by Florida Georgia Line!
- Don’t forget to hit the beach – Koʻolina. Located near several hotels on the leeward side of Oahu, Koʻolina is known for its four man-made lagoons, where the water is often relatively calm.
- Enjoy a scenic drive – Halona Blowhole at Sandy Beach. Often referred to as Sandy’s Blowhole by locals, Halona Blowhole is an incredible sight—but be sure to observe the blowhole from a safe distance! Always heed nearby warning signs and remain behind the barriers and fences.
Keep an eye on our blog in the upcoming months to learn more about our “Aloha On Wheels” drivers! For more information or to receive a quote today, call (808) 841-7827 or visit www.royalstarhawaii.com.